Use this form to enrol your employees and their dependents in your company's group benefits plan. An employee becomes eligible for benefits coverage in accordance with the eligibility requirements and the waiting period(s) outlined in your group policies. To be eligible, an employee must be in an eligible class, work a minimum hours per week, have completed the waiting period (if applicable), be "actively at work" on the eligibility date.
If an employee enrols in the benefits plan later than 31 days ofbecoming eligible, he/she will be treated as a Late Applicant. An employee who is considered a Late Applicant must provide satisfactory medical evidence of insurability to the Insurer and be formally approved prior to becoming eligible for coverage. Some limitations/restrictions may apply as per your group policy.
Use the Change Form to report to Johnstone's
work changes, including:
- change of salary
- change of position
- transfer between classes and/or divisions
- leave of absence for more than 31 days
- termination of employment, including retirement
And changes due to life events, including:
- addition of spouse and/or dependent child(ren) due to marriage, including common-law, or birth of a child
- deletion of spouse and/or dependent child(ren) due to legal separation,
- death of employee, spouse or dependent child
- dependent child becoming overage as per your policy
- spouse gains benefits coverage, or spouse loses benefits coverage
- home address change
Complete this form to apply for a group plan administered by the employer or union. New
and returning residents must complete a waiting period before benefits begin. Generally,
this is the balance of the month of arrival in BC plus two months. If absences from
Canada exceed a total of 30 days in this period, eligibility may be affected. For additional information, refer to the BC Ministry of Health website.
Administrators are reminded to set up MSP premiums in their payroll system.
To report changes, including addition or deletion of a family member, if enrolled under a group plan.